Ok so, for those who don't know, we have 3 sites: BackstageJobs.com, TheContactSheets.com, and our newest: TrapRoom.com a discussion forum. Also, you can still sign-up for the mailing list, and find out about what is happening behind the scenes on our blog: Backstage At BackstageJobs.com.
Here is the pertainent info about the new version of BackstageJobs.com:
1. We launched it before all the features we wanted to include were set up (such as an advanced search feature). We decided it helped more people to launch early and get listings posted immeadiately, than to wait until every bonus feature was ready. We will be adding bonus features as we complete them.
As launched, the new version gives you nearly everything the old site did, as well as many new options to view listings. We feel the additions outweigh anything that might have been "lost." As more people use this new version, we will get a feel for what, if anything, people miss about the old version, and try to improve the new version.
2. E-Mail: PLEASE! ONLY TYPE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS INTO THE "E-MAIL" FIELD ON ANY FORM. Do not put it in the job descriptions. Don't put it in the qualifications section. We have worked VERY hard to try to protect your e-mail address from spammers, but the protection is ONLY set-up for the e-mail field on the forms. If you put it anywhere else in your listing, it will not be obfuscated from spam-bots.
3. Be sure to still look on the OLD version when looking for work. We were unable to transfer listings posted before 6/16/07 to the new version. All listings posted on the old version are still valid until they expire, and those employers still want your resumes.
4. Please check on this FAQ for answers to your questions before adding a new one or e-mailing me.
5. Internet Explorer: For reasons known only to Bill Gates, Explorer does not display the site they way it should (this was a problem even on the old version, and that was built with a Microsoft product!). Some fonts may appear different in size and style, some images may be in the wrong place. We have "dumbed down" the site as best as possible to make up of Explorer's shortcomings. We HIGHLY recommend viewing BackstageJobs.com and TheContactSheets.com using FireFox or Safari.
6. If you are having trouble logging in, please DO NOT change your password UNLESS the log-in field tells you that you have an invalid password. Passwords are rarely the cause of any log-in problems on this site. Read the FAQ for potential solutions, and failing that, e-mail me using the CONTACT link in the upper right hand corner of this page.
7. Posted Time: The original version of BackstageJobs.com used the Central US Timezone, as that is where I am located. This new version uses the Eastern US Timezone. So, to figure out when a listing was posted, look at the posted time shown at the bottom of the listing: If you are in the Western US Timezone, subtract 3 hours; for Mountain US Timezone, subtract 2 hours; and for Central US Timezone, subtract 1 hour. As always, the sites default to displaying the most recently posted listings at the top of the page.
We hope you enjoy this new version, and thank you for using BackstageJobs.com.
BackstageJobs.com and TheContactSheets.com is asking for employers that use either site (or both) to please take a moment to respond to a new questionnaire about hiring at your company.
So, this is that new version of the website we've been talking about!
As you can see, there's a lot more automation and a lot more gizmos on this new site, so we figured an ever-expanding knowledge base and bug reporting system would be in order.
If you have a question about the new site, check first in the categories on the left side bar over there to see if your question has already been answered. If not, just click on the link above to ask it, and the site administrators will either help you out with the answer or realize that there is no answer, and we'll put that on the roadmap for future site functionality. You may also find that we're already planning to integrate your idea in a future release!
You may also want to check out some info on the FAQ itself, and why it's all empty like a new car in here. We answer that right here in Why is there so little information in this FAQ? ...
Finally, as we get through the beta process, there will be quite a few times when things just don't work. If you think you've caught one of these bugs, please do report it (along with the other data like your Operating System and Browser) in the Bug Reports category. Your experience may help other users like you, and that's what it's all about.
Welcome to the new site, and we hope you enjoy it!
There are 81 records online